Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Yay for me! I finally updated this blog!
So I know I have been totally slacking in the blog department. I'm too busy. So, anyway, I have to share this because I am freaking out about it. I saw my friend who I hadn't seen in years and she told me this crazy story. She's had a different life. She was an orphan growing up. Apparently she is married and didn't invite me! Rude! Anyhoo, she met her husband while she was the nanny for his stepdaughter. He was single, traveled a lot for work and needed someone there 24/7. He lived in a way nice house. She got a wierd vibe occasionally but she loved being there. She said that at first she was really intimidated by him because he is way older than her. They got to be really good friends and she thought he liked her but she wasn't sure. She said it was kind of wierd because he would have friends over and want her to hang out with them. She'd feel stupid just sitting there and hated the snobby rich chicks that would fawn all over him. Finally, after she figured her infatuation was just hers she told him she better find a new job and that's when he told her he loved her! She was sooo excited. He asked her to marry him. This is where it gets crazy! They were just going to have a small ceremony because she didn't want to deal with all the drama of a wedding and on the day they were going to get married someone came and told her they couldn't get married because he was already married. She freaked out! He said he was married but that his wife was crazy and he had been tricked into marrying her. She tried to kill him multiple times. She took off and was homeless for awhile. She tried to hide her past and forget it about it all. Then she met some people, 2 sisters and a brother, that let her stay with them. They gave her a job with kids and she was happy there but the brother who was a raging religious guy, wanted her to marry him and be a missionary. She knew she couldn't run away from her past any longer and went back to see what happened to her fiance. It ended up that his wife got crazy jealous and burned down their house and died in the fire. He got caught in the fire trying to save her and ended up with all these burns and lost an arm or something. And he was blind! She was so happy to see him and ended up marrying him. Plus, some long lost Uncle left her an inheritance. Crazy story huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
CRAZY!
Are you sure you didn't just read or watch Jane Eyre? That is the exact story.
What a strange story. I need to see some pics!!!
um....Now I know you didn't come up with that on your own. Good thing Charlotte Bronte is dead. She would be really mad right now.
I knew it was Jane Eyre! As I was reading it out loud to Cory because it was so crazy I thought..this sounds just like a book I have read....
Or maybe your friend you ran into had just finished reading Jane Eyre! :)
read the wide sargusso sea - it's a take off on jane eyre
Post a Comment